Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pat's passion for needle arts continues on

Hello Everyone,

I must admit there are many more post needing my immediate attention that the volunteers have created. Fingers and toes crossed perhaps this week I can get caught up? Now the patterns have arrived to give you the reader something to create. One thing I can't say is that I'm bored.

Without further ado I'd like you to meet Pat Lund.

"Pat was very creative. She loved knitting and crocheting or friends,relatives and her children. During the Christmas season she would make small lace angels that she gave to everyone she me - friends and strangers alike!"

The images that you are viewing are her work from a couple of years ago. One of the hats was created by granny squares. The other is knitted cables. The baseball cap is rather cool.

I did not get the opportunity to meet with Pat. Her work was donated to us by her husband. Mr. Lund donated all of her needle arts work and supplies to Teaching Hands. (Thank you Mr. Lund for your generosity.) He knew in his heart this is what would make Pat happy. When I give one of her items to another needle artist, my heart smiles.


I'll end this post by this poem shared at Pat's funeral on September 29, 2007.

God Takes The Best

God saw that you were getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So he put his arms around you
And whispered, "Come with me."

With tearful eyes we watched you suffer,
And saw you fade away,
Although we loved you dearly
We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
You're now at peaceful rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.